E/T Lights were originally designed at the request of a combat medic. In essence he told me, “Juan I am out in the field, carrying four bags of different colored chemical lights, attending my wounded, all while being shot at, I am carrying way to much stuff. I need something that will reduce my load and better prioritize my soldiers.” After 3 years of prototyping and two years of combat feedback I finalized the design we have today. Now utilized for a variety of purposes the E/T Lights addresses three major concerns for the military. The military wants to reduce their budgets and the E/T Light reduces the chemical light stick budget close to 90%. The military wants to reduce the weight and volume carried by our troops and the E/T Light will reduce this by over 60%, for this type of equipment. The military wants to improve capabilities and the E/T Light provides that. The simple fact that you can turn off the E/T Light in the field, something you cannot do with chemical lights, is a big advantage in itself, besides many other capability improvements. Following are some comments from our soldiers:
- Used Flashlight Top and Magnetic base for Map Reading Lights
- Same configuration mounted on top of HUMVEE for IFF (Blinking IR) identification
- Trained using the traditional light as a Triage Use
- Used the Rapidly Flashing Multicolor as Casualty Collection Point Marking
- I mounted with 550 on the back of a few Soldiers to use as IFF Markings for personnel - strobes tend to be way to intense for dismounted personnel and washes out NVG's. These seemed to work much better and didn't wash out the NVG's
- Used one in my tent simply for Low Level Light at night when I didn't want to blind everyone else sleeping in
- The Light can be used as a BUZZ Saw signal easily by tying it to a longer piece of 550 Cord.
- Put a few magnetic bases on the version 1's and used them for IFF for the aircraft we been using overhead
- stashed a few in IFAK's for use if someone gets hurt, hopefully we'll never us those, but there in case
- Emergency off feature (No need to scroll through all the colors to turn them off) – Hold switch down for 3 seconds and the E/T Light turns off.
- Customized software available for special requests. For example some MP’s suggested activating the red and blue LED’s to indicate that person is an MP. Ask for a particular sequence or color combination and we will work on it.
- Locking feature activated on versions V3, V4 & V5L. This feature is included for two reasons, first to prevent triaged patients from easily changing their condition. Second is to make sure the light does not turn off or change selection inadvertently.
- Locking NOT activated on Infrared versions V1 and V2. Version 5NL also does NOT lock.
- Last selection memory in case of power loss for any reason. The light turns back on to the last selection before power was lost.
- E/T Lights combine four colors into one device (Red/Yellow/Green/Blue) or (IR/ Red/Green/Blue)
- Version V6.8IR, IR selections activate with a ~3 hour auto off timer. This helps prevent battery drain in case the lights are activated or left on inadvertently.
- Reduce patient collection times by over 30%
- Reduce patient collection errors from 4 errors down to one error
- Reduce your chemical light stick budget by over 90%
- Great value at under $9 per color
- Reduce the weight and volume carried by the soldier for this type of equipment by over 60%
- Improve situational awareness of patients, team members, UAV’s, etc…especially at night or under adverse conditions
- Improve your Return on Investment – chemical lights are a $1+, you never get back once it is cracked- E/T Lights are reusable and can be turned off. Once you replace the battery you reduce your per hour costs to as little as $0.01/hour vs. $1.00+ for each chemical light.
- Reduce storage costs, logistics costs and replacement costs for utilizing chemical lights. One small battery vs. 70+ chemical lights.
Suggested versions for military applications, you choose which version best fits your requirements:
Keep it Simple versions 1 through 5, one light one way it works.
- Version V1 – constant IR, flashing IR, constant red, constant green, constant blue, off.
- Version V2 - constant IR, flashing IR, constant red, flashing red, constant green, flashing green, constant blue, flashing blue, off.
- Version V3 – constant red, constant yellow, constant green, constant blue.
- Version V4 - constant red, flashing red, constant yellow, flashing yellow, constant green, flashing green, constant blue, flashing blue.
- Version V5L - constant red, flashing red, constant yellow, flashing yellow, constant green, flashing green, constant blue, flashing blue, all colors rotate slow, all colors rotate medium, all colors rotate fast. The “L” indicates the light will lock in the selection.
- Version 5NL - constant red, flashing red, constant yellow, flashing yellow, constant green, flashing green, constant blue, flashing blue, all colors rotate slow, all colors rotate medium, all colors rotate fast. The “NL” indicates the light will NOT lock in the selection.
New multi-program versions (NSN’s issued), you set it to your preferred mode and can change it if desired.
- Version V6.8A – Fifteen programmed modes. Click here for full description.
- Version V6.8IR – Fifteen programmed modes, including strictly IR modes and light grenade/distraction mode. Version 6.8IR, infrared selections come programmed with an automatic ~3 hour auto off feature to avoid inadvertent battery drain. Click here for full description.
Articles & Emails:
- Thoughts from USMC, CAPT, Air control Squadron
- Colonels personal feedback
- Providing a form of security concerning accountability - DMS training school
- TAC-ONE Consulting, TCCC training review
- National Defense Magazine
- Military Medical technology
- EMS PRO
- EMS World
- Emergency Management
- Homeland Security
- Military 1 report
- Great feedback from soldier, work and play
- 200 ft pressure test results of E/T Light with new SCUBA software, by ISC